Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
January 20, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Peg Eibler, Richelle Hocking, Michaelene Farrell, and
Absent: Sally Crouch.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
Call to order
Hocking called the meeting to order.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Byerly. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from December 16, 2014 meeting with the correction of Hocking’s name was made by Hocking. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- None present.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for December 2014 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #538 in the amount of $65,898.69 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- The monthly people counter for December was an average of 184/day.
- E-book circulation in December was 103.
- Number of new patrons in December was 47.
- Library marketing update: Hentz distributed events flyers at quarterly Township employee meeting and Board members gave Hentz permission to design a billboard advertising new library services.
- Holiday donations totaled $1,700.00.
Lakeside Services installed the monitor on the library’s boiler system to alert staff of a power failure or mechanical failure. A motion to pay Lakeside Services for installation of a dual compressor for Group Study Room A in the amount of $1798.00 was made by Eibler. Seconded Hocking. Motion carried.
2) Ancestry.com is now available on all public computer stations.
- Security camera system needs a server upgrade. Motion by Katakowski to purchase the upgrade from American Video Transfer for $2,650.00. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- Interviews have been conducted for the Outreach Services Clerk and the Library Clerk. There were a total of 83 applications and 9 people interviewed. Amy Crockett was offered the job of Outreach Services Clerk. The Library Clerk position is in the process of being filled.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn was made by Byerly. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.
Next meeting will be February 17, 2015 at 7:00pm.