Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
January 21, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the December 17, 2013 minutes as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2013 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Voucher #526 in the amount of $46,214.11 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported year-end patron donations totaled $1,150.
- Freezing temperatures resulted in pipe damage to the boiler. Lakeside Service completed repairs.
- Hentz reported the winter newsletter has been mailed and program registration is now open.
- Township is considering a Brownfield Redevelopment Zone TIFA (tax increment financing authority) related to the Hoskins Manufacturing site. Hentz was directed to set up a meeting with Pat Hohl to determine the financial impact on the library’s budget.
- Board members discussed method of informing township residents of the library’s e-book service. A motion to develop an inexpensive, yet eye-catching, postcard advertising the library’s e-book service to be mailed to all township residents made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Board discussed the millage Q & A information sheet. Hentz will complete the edits and distribute to the board for approval.
A motion to adjourn was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:32pm.
Next meeting will be January, 18, 2014 at 7:00pm.