Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
January 15, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski .
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the December 18, 2012 minutes as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for December 2012 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #514 in the amount of $36,767.25 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- Pinckney Community Public Library’s grand opening is Monday, January 21 at 10:00am. The State Librarian will do a short presentation at 11:00am.
- Donations received since October (not including Art Fair donations) = $2017.00. Fax revenue received since July = $970.00
Hentz distributed Ebook usage graph. Mid-January usage exceeds total for November 2012.
- The winter newsletter has been mailed out and received by residents. Program registration is filling. Funds were saved by going with a matte finish and one color printing.
- Trustee Keith Phelps submitted his resignation via letter to the board. A motion to accept Keith Phelps’s letter of resignation was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- Andrew Byerly has been notified that he has been appointed to the Library Board of Trustees. He will contact Hentz when he has been sworn in as a trustee.
- A motion to make a budget amendment to increase the total budget expenses from $645,121.03 to $737,142.63 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:28pm.