Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
January 17, 2012
Meeting called to order at 7:03 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
- A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the December 20, 2011 minutes was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2011 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept the Library Voucher #502 in the amount of $47,782.36 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported the Livingston County libraries are participating in the Geek the Library campaign that raises community awareness regarding the library and its funding.
- A two year contract with AT&T E-rate telephone service beginning July 1, 2012 was signed. Library will realize an annual savings of about $1,000.00 per year.
- Staff in-service day has been set for March 2, 2012. Hocking and Farrell will be joining the self-defense class.
- The Township’s 2012 holiday schedule was increased to twelve paid holidays. Motion to add day after Thanksgiving and Veteran’s Day as paid holidays to keep the library equal with the Township per library policy was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to replace 2 staff computers up to $3,613.84 was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
- A motion to purchase 2 servers and related software up to $11,783.24 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to purchase and install a shelving unit needed for the music collection up to $2,583.00 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Board members discussed the process for reelection.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.
Next meeting will be February 21, 2012 at 7:00pm.