Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
January 19, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:02pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the December 15, 2009 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
1) A motion to approve the Financial Report for November 2009 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Farrell. . Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2009 was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 478 in the amount of $47,657.97 was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the dedication ceremony for the stained glass window is set for Feb. 16 at 6:30pm. Light refreshments will be served.
2) The merger of MLC and INCOLSA will occur soon. Michiganís office will remain in Lansing. It is hoped that by having so many more members, product pricing will see reductions.
3) The library will participate in the 3rd annual Community Connect on 1/30/10 at the Cornerstone Church on Hilton Road. This is an annual showcase of area nonprofit service agencies. The county libraries will be sharing a booth.
1) Motion made by Campbell, seconded by Hocking to close the CD maturing on January 25, 2010 at 1st National Bank of Howell and to deposit the approximately $490,788.71 plus accrued interest posted on maturity date and deposit it into the checking account and to move $400,000.00 out of 1st National Bank of Howell and into two CDs at $200,000.00 each at National City/PNC.
Relevant Board Issues
Final Call to the Public
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by McIntrye. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:31pm.
Next meeting will be February 16, 2010 at 7:00pm
(window dedication to be held at 6:30pm)
Joan M. Dombrowski