Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
January 20, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1. A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2. A motion to approve the December 16, 2008 minutes was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3. A motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2008 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
4. A motion to accept the Library Voucher #466 in the amount of $43,438.73 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1. Hentz reported the Santa Program had approximately 50 children plus parents. Everyone enjoyed themselves.
2. Pat Waters's memorial luncheon was held at the library. $325 has been donated to the library in Pat’s name. Mystery books and audio books will be purchased with these funds.
3. Flashing and vents on roof will need to be repaired in the spring.
4. Girl Scout Troop 460 is holding a pet food drive to earn their bronze medal.
5. Weber is investigating a commercial grade computer router for future purchase. Additional computers could be installed without compromising current system.
6. Staff is working on the 2009-2014 Technology Plan. Hentz will distribute a draft for review at the next meeting.
1. Library received letter from Nesi and Associates law firm stating a previous presenter of the Work at Home and Mystery Shopper presentation was not authorized to do so. Library was advised to cease and desist for said individual being on library premises.
2. Librarian received invitation to participate in HERO breakfast for the Hamburg Family Fun Fest. Library will advertise event in their newsletter and flyers at check-out work station. Library will be closed on said day to provide additional parking.
1. A motion to accept the Patron Behavior Policy with deleting the phrase “such as waiting for a ride” was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1. Hentz reported the Township has a new form to report incidents.
2. A motion to provide patrons free scan, copy, printing and fax service for job applications with a limit of 20 pages per day per patron was made by Crouch. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3. A motion to purchase a Kinetico K5 Drinking Water System for $1350.50 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1. Crouch will chair the February meeting as Eibler will be absent.
2. Campbell and Dombrowski will miss the April meeting.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:49pm.
Next meeting will be February 17, 2009 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski