Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
February 16, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek, C. Walter.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from January 19, 2021 as presented made by Rosek. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Hocking to table the January 2021 Financial Report until the March 16 meeting. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 611 in the amount of $60,511.81. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 0 in-house visits; 34 new patrons; 3,183 item check-outs; 795 Axis360 check-outs; 31 Zinio check-outs; 127 audiobook check-outs; and 0 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 191; Twitter at 416; Facebook at 1,193; 3,006 website uses; 681 wifi uses.
- Other News: None.
- Upcoming programs:
- 2/1 Stay Home & Read Fundraiser – Month of February
- 2/17 Author Owen Laukkannen @ 6:30pm
- 2/18 Birding with Greg Bodker @ 6:30pm
- 2/20 Yo-Yo Tricks Workshop for ages 7+ @ 11:00am & 12:00pm
- 2/22 Author Nick Petrie @ 6:30pm
- 2/24 Book & Movie Club: Now Voyager by Olive Higgins Prouty @ 6:30pm
- 2/25 Authors Deby Henneman & Darci Hannah @ 6:30pm
- 3/1 Adult Craft Kit: Cupcake Liner Wreath
- 3/3 Jackie’s Book Club: Sourdough by Robin Sloan @ 1:00pm
- 3/3 Author Greer Macallister @ 6:30pm
- 3/4 Travelogues with Lynn: Italy part 1 @ 6:30pm
- 3/9 Michigan Copper Country Trials & Tribulations @ 6:30pm
- 3/10 Cocktails with Tammy Coxen @ 6:30pm
- 3/15 Adult Craft Kit: Embroidery Hoop Bunnies
- 3/15 Gilmore Car Museum presents Women Who Motor @ 6:30pm
- Agreement with Township Board regarding cleaning services, see new business #3.
- Library Reopening Update: The library has been in Phase 3 (Limited Services) beginning Feb. 1. So far everything is going well.
- Friends Statement in Board Bylaws: Motion by Rosek to accept the Friends of the Library statement and to add it to the Library Board Bylaws. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Social Media Policy: Motion by Colone to accept the social media policy and add it to the Library’s administration policies. Seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
- Library Cleaning Service: Motion by Rosek to accept the Letter of Understanding between the Township Board and the Library Board outlining the terms of service. Seconded Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Employee Assistance Program: Motion by Colone to accept the EAP Services with All One Health as presented with a cost of not more than $160.00 for the first year. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Rosek outlined her findings on filing for IRS nonprofit status for the Friends group, also volunteering to help if necessary.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.
Next Meeting: March 16, 2021 @ 7:00pm