Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
February 18, 2020 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking,
Members absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from January 21, 2020 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Eibler to approve the January 2020 Financial Report. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 599 in the amount of $50,040.45. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 205 average daily visits; 53 new patrons; 7,501 item check-outs; 700 Axis360 check-outs; 194 Zinio check-outs; 324 Hoopla check-outs; and 231 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 163; Twitter at 405; Facebook at 1,034; 2,972 website uses; 1857 wifi uses.
- Other News: Chili Cook-Off update: 9 competitors, 35 attendees, $210.00 (net $184.56, $20 more than last year).
- Upcoming programs:
- February Gleaners Food Bank Food Drive – drop off non-perishable items in the lobby
- Feb. 20 Census 2020, Free, 6:30pm
- Feb. 22 Michigan Opera Theater, Free, 1:00pm
- Feb. 24 Maker Monday: Paper Bead Bracelet, Free, 6:30pm
- Feb. 25 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, need to make appointment
- Feb. 28 Friday Movie: In This Our Life (1942), Free, 1:00pm
- Feb. 29 Saturday Movie: Good News (1942), Free, 1:00pm
- Mar. 3 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, need to make appointment
- Mar. 4 Library Book Club: Detroit City is the Place to Be by Mark Binelli, Free, 1:00pm
- Mar. 4 Drop-In Genealogy Help, Free, 1:00pm
- Mar. 4 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Mar. 5 Lunch & Learn: Basic Loom Weaving, Free, noon
- Mar. 7 Ann Arbor Symphony Brass Quintet, Free, 1:00pm
- Mar. 11 Rosie, WWII, and Bomber Plants, Free, 6:30pm
- Mar. 12 Get to Know Your Township: Deby Henneman of Parks & Rec, Free, 6:30pm
- Mar. 13 Friday Movie: Laura (1944), Free, 1:00pm
- Mar. 14 Family Literacy Celebration at 2/42 Community Church, Free, 9:30am
- Friends of the Library – The Friends met and have formally approved their Bylaws and Standard Rules. Their next meeting is March 13 and will begin the process to file for non-profit status.
- Meeting Room Policy Discussion: Motion by Evergreen to approve the changes to the library’s meeting room policy as discussed. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. Hentz will prepare the new policy and reservation form.
- Art Fair 2020: The art fair now has its own email address and website: email@example.com and www.hamburgartfair.org.
- Fine Free Libraries: the board discussed the recent trend of libraries eliminating fines.
Relevant Board Issues
- Current board members running for re-election include Colone, Evergreen, Farrell, and Hocking.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:18pm.
Next Meeting: March 17, 2020 @ 7:00pm