Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
February 22, 2019 @ 1:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 1:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: R. Hocking.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from January 15, 2019 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for January 2019 made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 587 in the amount of $52,581.61 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 169 average daily visits; 44 new patrons; 6,507 item check-outs; 721 Axis360 check-outs; 184 Zinio check-outs; 366 Hoopla check-outs; and 254 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 125; Twitter at 379; Facebook at 801; 2,464 website uses; 2,009 wifi uses.
- Community Connect update. Pinckney HeadStart invited us to their community resources night March 19. Christie is there to promote our youth services. March 16 is Family Literacy Celebration. All county libraries will celebrate literacy with Llama Llama, Pete the Cat, and the Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Located at the community center at the 2/42 church from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Each library has a table promoting youth services.Chili Cook-Off - Saturday, Feb. 23, noon to 2:00pm. Enjoy delicious chili from your friends and neighbors, and for $5.00 you can vote for your favorite. Register at the library if you have a fantastic recipe that’s worthy of a competition (it’s free to compete!). Livingston Reads 2019: A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson - Livingston Reads is a "One Book, One Community" project offered by the six Livingston County Libraries (Brighton, Fowlerville, Hamburg, Hartland, Howell, Pinckney). Check out the fun at www.livingstonreads.org.
- Upcoming programs:
- 2/20 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- 2/21 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, make an appointment by calling the library
- 2/23 Chili Cook-Off Fundraiser, Noon, $5 to vote
- 2/25 How to Write & Publish Your Own Book, Free, 6:30pm
- 2/28 Thursday Matinee: Little Women (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 3/4 Hiking the Camino, Free, 6:30pm
- 3/6 Book Club: Girls Made of Snow and Glass, Free, 1:00pm
- 3/7 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, make an appointment by calling the library
- 3/13 Teen Night: Darkest Minds (PG13) , Free, 5:30pm
- 3/14 Lunch & Learn: Rustic Twig Frame, Free, noon
- 3/16 Secret Detroit, Free, 1:00pm
- 3/16 Family Literacy Night (2/42 Church Community Center), Free, 10am to
- 3/18 Michigan’s Endangered Species, Free, 6:30pm
- Renovation Project: Part 2: ALL work has been completed on the original plan, and we passed all inspections (electrical and building)!
- Outreach Services Clerk: We interviewed 6 people and offered the job to Lynn Riehl.
- CDs maturing: Motion to roll over current amount of $101,742.95 of the Chemical Bank CD into a 90 day CD with the interest rate of 2.10% or better made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Paid Sick Time for Part-Time Employees: New state law will go into effect April 1, 2019. All part-time employees who work at least 25 hours are to earn paid sick time. For every 35 hours worked, they earn 1 hour sick time.
- The library is starting a cookie cutter collection for patrons to check out. Motion to approve the cookie cutter borrowing policy as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Computer Upgrades: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional will be obsolete and unsupported March 2020. Motion to approve up to $34,180.00 to upgrade the library’s server and all computers as needed made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Evergreen will not be present at March meeting.
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 1:43pm.
Next Meeting: March 19, 2019 @ 7:00pm