Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
February 21, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz & Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from January 2017 meeting as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Call to the public
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2016 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the Financial Report for January 2017 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept Library Voucher #563 in the amount of $61,059.12 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
1) Monthly statistics: Daily people counter is at 181; new patrons are at 71; item check-outs at 6,325; Axis360 at 408; Zinio at 100; computer use is at 291; kids computers is at 35.
2) Monthly marketing update: Instagram is at 94, Twitter is at 278, Facebook is at 532, and website usage at 927. A shared table at Community Connect in Howell on 2/4/17. Some new marketing tools have been started: displays attached to shelf ends, Staff Picks table, and a read-a-likes stand. The library is hosting the co-op’s membership meeting on 3/3/17.
3) Other news: the library has added two ukulele kits to the collection. A small shopping cart is now available for patrons who need a little added convenience. Jaws by Peter Benchely is the 2017 Livingston Reads, with many programs being held throughout March & April in conjunction with the book. Also, a showing of the movie will be held March 25 at 7:00pm at the Howell Theater. Free to anyone with a Livingston County library card.
4) Upcoming Programs:
2/23 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, 9:30am to 3:00pm
2/27 Maker Monday: Zentangle, $5.00, 6:30pm
3/1 Library Book Club: Blink: The Power of Thinking without Thinking, Free, 1:00pm
3/2 Lunch & Learn: Depression Glass, Free, noon
3/7 Detroit Food History, Free, 6:30pm
3/9 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, 9:30am to 3:00pm
3/11 Antiques Appraisal Fair, Free, 10:00am
3/13 Livingston Reads Movie: Sharknado, Free, 6:00pm
3/14 Livingston Reads: Sharks & the Environment, Free, 6:30pm
3/15 Livingston Reads: Sea Life Aquarium Presents Super Sharks, Free, 6:30pm
3/16 Thursday Matinee: Soul Surfer, Free, 1:00pm
3/18 Livingston Reads Movies: Finding Nemo @ noon & Finding Dory @ 2:00pm, Free
3/20 Great Decisions, Free, 1:30pm
3/20 Seafood Sampling: Fancy, Fun & Funky, $10, 6:30pm
1) Hentz distributed a list of proposed questions for the community needs assessment survey for finalization at the March meeting. The survey will be both printed and online.
2) Update on the repair of the meeting room folding door issue: Hentz was directed to seek bids for the work.
1) Motion to approve the Ukulele Policy as amended by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
2) Motion to purchase 3 additional DVD racks and 24 adjustable shelf pins from Library Design Associates for a cost not to exceed $3,585.62 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
3) Motion to purchase equipment from SEHI Computer Products to upgrade the wifi system in an amount not to exceed $6,230.00 as outlined in handout made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
4) Board made corrections in the Administration Policies Book. Hentz recorded same. Pages 38-46 to be reviewed for March meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
1) United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video tabled.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:31 pm.
Next meeting will be March 21, 2017 @ 7:00pm.