Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
February 17, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Absent: Michaelene Farrell.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
Call to Order
Eibler called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Guest Amy Crockett was introduced to the board. She is the new Outreach Services Clerk.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from January 20, 2015 meeting as presented by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes.
- Motion to approve the Financial Report for January 2015 as presented by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 539 for the amount of $55,632.66 made by Byerly. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Monthly people counter results show an average of 187 visitors a day.
- Monthly ebook circulation results show 78 titles were checked out in January.
- Monthly new patron account results show 82 new patrons for January.
- Library marketing update
- Community Connect, Feb. 7 at Parker Middle School, Howell - At least 425 people came to the library booth (in conjunction with the other Liv. Co. libraries) and picked up informational handouts.
- Billboard update - Hentz and Weber will pick up the billboard and have it installed when the snow recedes and the DPW can get to the sign.
- Livingston Reads - press release in Livingston Daily, coasters and napkins in local bars.
- Server upgrade for security cameras has been installed, working well.
- New staff: Amy Crockett, Library Outreach and Emily Beningo, Library Clerk have been hired and started their employment.
- Elizabeth Wilson’s memorial plaque has been made and delivered. It will be installed in spring.
- A motion to pay Lakeside Services for installation of a dual compressor for Group Study Room B in the amount of $1798.00 was made by Byerly. Seconded Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:36pm. Next Meeting: March 17, 2015 @ 7:00pm.
Acting Recording Secretary