Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
February 19, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, Andy Byerly and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the January 15, 2013 minutes as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for January 2013 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #515 in the amount of $48,012.01 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Tax season is here. The forms are arriving slowly and are being organized in the lobby by B. Stokanovich. They are slower to arrive this year because of some last minute changes in the tax laws.
- The library was present at both the Community Connect and the Preschool Fair. Both events were Saturday, Feb. 2. We shared a table with the rest of the county libraries for the Community Connect; the table was run by Ceci Marlow at Hartland. We shared a table with Pinckney Library for the Preschool Fair; the table was run by our C. Wagner and a staff member from Pinckney.
- Ebook usage statistics show a steady increase.
- Received a card from Pinckney Library thanking us for the congratulatory flowers sent for their grand opening.
- Library automation software update: The staff has taken part in two webinars for Autographic’s Verso software, and will be visiting Milan Public Library to see the software in action. A representative from Innovative Interfaces will be demonstrating Sierra Millennium on Feb. 27 at 2:00pm. The staff hopes to have a decision made and software implemented by May so that the library can avoid the annual payment to Follett in July.
- Contact information for the board members was handed out.
- Seven staff computers are in line for replacement and have come in under budget by more than $3000.00. A motion to purchase seven HP 6300 mini towers, two 23 inch monitors, 5 20 inch monitors, and 20 hours labor for a total cost not to exceed $7,063.00 made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Byerly and Katakowski suggested adding “Millage Discussion” as a regular agenda item; rest of board concurred.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:32pm.
Next meeting will be March 19, 2013 at 7:00pm.