Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
February 21, 2012
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the January 17, 2012 minutes was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report as presented for January 2012 was made Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the Library Voucher #503 in the amount of $57,719.38 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed Geek the Library marketing plan requesting the Board to review and welcomed comments on the plan.
- Library received $158.94 from accumulated VG’s receipts.
- Library had displays at The Community Connect on January 28, 2012, Pathfinder Family Services event on January 29, 2012 and Pre-School Fair on February 11, 2012.
- Dave Graves donated an additional 64 large print books. Collection exceeds 150 books.
- Erate documents continue to be filed in preparation for July1 start-up date.
- The two new staff desktop computers have arrived and were installed. Both working fine.
- A motion to purchase a new tape back-up system not to exceed $2,500.00 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to order the fundraising book bags not to exceed $750 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion accepted.
- After much discussion regarding the health insurance update, a motion to table any decision until next meeting when additional information can be presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- Deby Henneman, CRSO (Community Recreational Services Organization) Coordinator, proposed a township picnic in the park on Sunday, July 29, 2012 from 1-5pm. The library will be assisting.
- Hentz provided an introduction to the Tumblebooks on the library web-page.
Relevant Board Issues
- In-Service date is Friday, March 2, 2012 from 9am to 1pm.
- Hentz encouraged Board members to consider the millage date for the next meeting.
- Future Board minutes will be emailed to Board members instead of mailed with the understanding that the emailed version will not have the secretary’s signature.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:14pm.
Next meeting will be March 20, 2012 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski