Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
February 15, 2011
Meeting called to order by Eibler at 6:07pm in the meeting room.
Present: M. Eibler, S. Campbell, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, D. McIntyre.
Absent: S. Crouch.
Election of Officers, serving 2011 – 2012
President: Hentz nominated Margaret Eibler, seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Vice President: Campbell nominated Sally Crouch, seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Secretary: Farrell nominated Richelle Hocking, seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Treasurer: Hocking nominated Michaelene Farrell, seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the January 18, 2011 minutes as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for January 2011 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 491 in the amount of $37,531.73 was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported that progress is being made by clerk C. Wagner and Lt. DeNoyer to get late materials returned or replacement fees paid.
2) Hentz will be attending a library regionalization meeting Friday, Feb. 25 in Howell. A full report will be available at the March meeting.
1) The board approved a charge of $1.00 per child for two summer reading program events: Starlab Planetarium on June 29th and Craft Day on August 4th. The other events will either be free or remain at $0.50 per child.
2) The BTOP grant has been approved by the grant administrator and has been sent to the ordering department.
1) None to discuss.
Relevant Board Issues
1) McIntyre expressed an interest at having a mirror installed at the back counter of the front service desk to help staff see when patrons enter the building. Hentz will look into this.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 6:54pm.
Next meeting will be March 15, 2011 at 7:00pm.