Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Peg Eibler, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Stella Campbell.
Also Present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1. Motion by Crouch, supported by Farrell to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried.
2. Motion by Hocking, supported by McIntyre to approve minutes from the January 19, 2010 meeting as presented. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – limit remarks to 5 minutes
1. Motion by Crouch, supported by McIntyre to approve the January 2010 Financial Report as presented. Motion carried.
2. Motion by Farrell, supported by Crouch to approve Library Voucher #479 for $39,331.59. Motion carried.
1. Community Connect was well attended. It is hoped that many Hamburg area people were reached.
2. The library was invited to display informational literature at Pathfinder's parent workshop open house 2/27/10.
3. Advanced computer class is working well. Knowles and Hentz will evaluate the class before deciding to hold any more classes.
4. Summer Reading Program slogan is set: "Are You Game?" (board game theme).
1. Update on state budget & library funding – preliminary budget shows a cut of $150,000 to State Aid to Public Libraries.
2. Motions to close the CD account and to close all accounts at 1st National Bank of Howell were made (see attached motions).
1. Motions to open a checking and savings account at J P Morgan Chase Bank, along with a Security Agreement (see attached motions).
Relevant Board Issues
Final Call to the Public – limit remarks to 5 minutes.
1. Motion by Crouch, supported by Hocking to adjourn. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:56pm.
Next Meeting: March 16, 2010 @ 7:00pm
Holly P. Hentz
Director and acting secretary