Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
February 17, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Peg Eibler.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the January 20,, 2009 minutes was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report for January, 2009 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept the Library Voucher #467 with the addition of $10.17 for a total of $38,951.56 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the Services for Job Seekers was promoted at the Community Connection and will again be promoted on March 27.
2) Kinetico water filter system installed and running properly.
3) Staff In-Service was held on Feb. 13th. Morning session dealt with CPR and AED training. Officer Medbury from HPD discussed diffusing troublesome situations. Fire drill postponed to later date. Refresher on restarting the libraryís server and a tour of the newly designed website.
4) Hentz presented the newly designed website to the board after New Business. Librarian L. Strandt has incorporated new features such as foreclosure information and employment assistance.
1) Girl Scout Troop 460 sent a thank you note for assistance in collecting food for dogs and cats.
1) The Behaviour policy, updated on 1/20/09 was distributed to board members. The Board will discuss unattended children next month.
1) Hentz distributed the 2009-2014 Technology Plan draft for future discussion.
2) A motion to define part-time employment as 38 hours or less was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3) A motion to purchase the Server backbone Project not to exceed $15,000 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
4) A motion to purchase Net Nanny filtering software not to exceed $180 for the 4 genealogy area computers was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. This will increase the library's public internet stations from 4 to 8 in a cost effective manner.
5) A motion to rollover the 2/22/09 CD for six months at 2% interest rate was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
6) A motion to approve proposals #1 & #2 with Rainmaker Irrigation not to exceed $3,000 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried. These proposals will irrigate the 4 front planting beds, the raised planting bed, and the rose bed.
7) Weber explained the fundraiser program with Botanical Interest garden seeds. Company will donate 25% of purchases that indicate Hamburg Library as the non-profit participant.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Crouch asked about the State's budget cuts and the effects on public libraries.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:24pm.
Next meeting will be March 17, 2009 at 7:00pm.