Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
December 17, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: J. Colone, R. Hocking.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from November 19, 2019 as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve the November 2019 Financial Report. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 597 in the amount of $68,585.90. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 237 average daily visits; 36 new patrons; 5,947 item check-outs; 547 Axis360 check-outs; 280 Zinio check-outs; 275 Hoopla check-outs; and 247 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 158; Twitter at 405; Facebook at 1,010; 2,650 website uses; 1,815 wifi uses.
- Other News: Booksale update: 60 people in line at 9am (50 last spring), with 163 total buyers (139 last spring). We netted $676.50 ($674.25 last spring). Santa visit: 71 children + 63 adults = 134 total. Ornament making for ages 5 and under had 37 children.
- Upcoming programs:
- December Mitten Tree – donate new mittens, gloves, scarves, and hats.
- Dec. 18 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Dec. 18 Teen Movie: Elf, Free, 5:30pm
- Dec. 19 Thursday Matinee: Late Night, Free, 1:00pm
- Jan. 3 Friday Movie: A Star is Born (1937), Free, 1:00pm
- Jan. 6 LapSit and Storyhour begin, Free, 10:00am and 1:30pm
- Jan. 8 Drop-In Genealogy Help, Free, 1:00pm
- Jan. 9 Lil’Wigglers and Storyhour begin, Free, both at 10:00am
- Jan. 9 Lunch & Learn: Learn to Play Mahjong, Free, noon
- Jan. 11 Saturday Movie: The Philadelphia Story (1940), Free, 1:00pm
- Jan. 13 Green Book: Driving Through Jim Crow Era, Free, 6:30pm
- Jan. 14 Get to Know Your Township (Clerk Mike Dolan), Free, 6:30pm
- Jan. 16 Thursday Matinee: The Art of Racing in the Rain, Free, 1:00pm
- Jan. 17 Friday Movie: The Prisoner of Zenda (1937), Free, 1:00pm
- E911 – The fax and security line will remain with AT&T because Telephone Support Systems made a mistake when discussing systems and equipment and the costs were much higher.
- Friends of the Library – The by-laws subcommittee has been meeting and hope to have their work completed by January 10.
- CDs Maturing:
- Motion made by Katakowski to roll over entire amount of $103,447.20 plus interest earned on 12/20/2019 into a 90 day CD at 1.64% at Chemical Bank. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion made by Katakowski to roll over entire amount of $103,822.17 plus interest earned on 1/22/2020 into a 90 day CD at the best interest rate available at CIBC Bank. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Weber and Hentz presented four millage scenarios for board discussion. Discussion to continue at January meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
- Holiday closings: Dec. 23-25, Dec. 30-Jan.1, Jan. 20.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried Meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Next Meeting: January 21, 2020 @ 7:00pm