Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
December 18, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrel, R. Hocking and J. Katakowski.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from November 20, 2018 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Mary Anne Waters, representing the Scrap-A-Holics quilting group, said the group will not meet for four weeks due to the discovery of another straight pin on 11/27/18.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for November 2018 made by Hocking. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 585 in the amount of $65,135.41 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 250 average daily visits; 47 new patrons; 6,099 item check-outs; 605 Axis360 check-outs; 210 Zinio check-outs; 322 Hoopla check-outs; and 232 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 119; Twitter at 373; Facebook at 762; 2,132 website uses; 2,267 wifi uses.
- Other news: Mitten Tree: Dec. 1 to Dec. 31. New gloves, mittens, scarves, hats. Newsletter was mailed out last week. Program registration began on Monday.
- Upcoming programs:
- 12/20 Thursday Matinee: Book Club (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 1/7 Lap Sit begins, Free, 10:00am
- 1/7 Monday Storyhour begins, Free, 1:30pm
- 1/9 Library Book Club: Pot Luck, Free, 1:00pm
- 1/10 Lunch & Learn: Card Games, Free, Noon
- 1/10 Thursday Storyhour begins, Free, 10:00am
- 1/10 Lil’ Wigglers baby time begins, Free, 10:00am
- Two Christmas cards (auditor and cleaning company).
- Renovation Project: Part 2: all work has been completed on the original plan. We are now waiting for the new entryway carpet to be installed.
- Motion to increase the library’s circulation limit beginning January 2, 2019 from 10 items to 15 items made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Another Scrap-A-Holic’s pin was found on the floor outside the west closet door. The Scrap-A-Holic’s suspended themselves for one month and are going to try to restrict pin usage to the four tables along the west wall. Motion by Evergreen and seconded by Hocking that: accepts the Scrap-A-Holic’s suspension of room use to January 29, 2019, close the folding wall to keep all sewing activities on the west side of the room, and to state that the next pin found will result in a 3 month suspension, then a 6 month suspension, and any pin after that would result in an indefinite suspension. Motion carried. Hentz will communicate this to the quilting group.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:59pm.
Next Meeting: January 15, 2019 @ 7:00pm