Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
December 19, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, Jim Katakowski.
Members absent: None.
Also present: Hentz and Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from November 21, 2017 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – None present.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for November 2017 as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve Library Voucher # 573 in the amount of $55,926.00 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 245 average daily visits; 43 new patrons; 6,058 item check-outs, 553 Axis360 check-outs; 83 Zinio check-outs; 172 Hoopla check-outs; 280 computer users.
- Marketing update: 100 Instagram; 339 Twitter; 637 Facebook; 2,043 website visits; 2,164 wifi uses.
- Other news: Mitten Tree: Dec. 1 to Dec. 31. New gloves, mittens, scarves, and hats can be donated at the Mitten Tree in the library’s lobby. All donations go to LACASA of Livingston County. Boy Scout troop visited 12/4. 20+ kids & parents. Hentz served coffee to 150+ people at the annual Senior Center Christmas lunch 12/5/17; also passed out Homebound Connection flier to all. Pinckney High School art reception for students & parents on Dec. 19. Holiday closed dates: Monday, Dec. 25; Tuesday, Dec. 26; Monday, Jan. 1; Tuesday, Jan. 2; Monday, Jan. 15 (MLK Day).
- Upcoming programs:
- 12/21 Thursday Matinee: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Free, 1:00pm
- 1/3 Library Book Club: Pot Luck, cook book theme, Free, 1:00pm
- 1/8 Great Decisions, Free, 1:30pm
- 1/11 Lunch & Learn: Loom Knitting, Free, Noon
1) Christmas cards from various vendors.
- Update on Lighting Replacement Project - All lighting has been replaced with LED bulbs.
- Update Book sale: the library made $1,015.25.
- Update on Santa visit: 66 kids, 63 patents.
- Three investment CDs are maturing within the next two months. All are currently held by The Private Bank (now called CIBC). In an effort to diversify use of banks, it is recommended by Weber the library work with three different banks for investment CDs.
Motion to cash in Private Bank CD that is maturing on Jan. 25, 2018, deposit the interest earned in the general fund, and open a 6 month CD at CIBC (formerly The Private Bank) for $100,000 at 1.45% interest rate made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Motion to cash in Private Bank CD that is maturing on Jan. 25, 2018, deposit the interest earned in the general fund, and open a 12 month CD at Crestmark Bank for $250,000 at 1.80% interest rate made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Motion to cash in Private Bank CD that is maturing on Feb. 21, 2018, deposit the interest earned in the general fund, and open a 3 month CD at Chemical Bank (formerly Talmer Bank) for $100,000 at 1.34 % interest rate. Motion made by Hocking. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- The Pinckney School District is going to cease to provide internet service to the library on June 30, 2018. Hentz and Weber looked at several options; joining The Library Network’s WAN was shown to be the best option. Motion to join The Library Network’s WAN beginning March, 2018 through June 30, 2021 for an annual fee of $7,986.00, annual $500 administration fee, and one time router fee of $1,200 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Hentz handed out charts and graphs depicting Township tax collection for FYI purposes only.
- Eibler will not be present at the January meeting.
Next Meeting is January 16, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Motion to adjourn was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.