Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
December 20, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from November 15, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the public
1) A motion to approve Financial Report for November 2016 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 561 in the amount of $79,029.60 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
1) Statistics: average daily visitors was 251, new patrons was 43, item check-outs was 6,127, Axis360 was 309, Zinio circ was 96, computer use was 294.
2) Marketing update: Instagram: 90 followers, Twitter 268 followers, Facebook: 540 followers. Hentz served coffee to 120+ people at the Senior Center Christmas lunch on 12/6/16. The Winter 2017 newsletter was mailed this week; registration for programs begins 12/19/16.
3) Other News:
Book sale netted a total of $1,576.15 (our best yet).
Read Away Your Fines begins in January. This is an ongoing program that allows fines on children’s cards to be reduced by $0.50 for every 30 minutes of times spent reading.
Read It To Eat It runs January through March. Children will receive a reward at one of four local restaurants after reading 12 library books. In partnership with Mimi’s Diner, Hamburg Subway, Boomer’s Pizza, and Dragon Court.
Holiday closed dates: Dec. 24-26, Dec. 31-Jan. 2, Jan. 16.
4) Upcoming Programs:
1/4 Library Book Club: Pot Luck, Free, noon
1/9 All storytimes begin this week, Free
1/9 Tai Chi (2/13, 3/6, 4/10, 5/8), Free, 6:30pm
1/12 Lunch & Learn: New Year’s Get Organized, Free, noon
1/19 Thursday Matinee: The Huntsman: Winter’s War (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
1) Several holiday cards from patrons and vendors.
1) Board discussion of the Community Needs Assessment Survey was tabled until January.
2) Update on hanging lights: new LED unit has been installed in one fixture and it works very well. The rest of the units have been ordered and will be installed soon.
3) Meeting room folding partition update: Contractor Bill Moore believed the problem was not due to a buckling in the concrete floor; instead he investigated the area above the acoustic ceiling and discovered the track holding the partition has bowed and needs to be reattached. He will submit a proposal for the work to be done.
1) Policy Review: Administration Policies, Section 8-15. The Board approved all corrections & additions to this section. To be reviewed for next month: Personnel Policies, sections 1-8.
Relevant Board Issues
1) United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video, tabled.
2) Jim Katakowski will not be at the January meeting.
A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:04 pm.
Next meeting will be January 17, 2017 @ 7:00pm.