Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
December 15, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Absent: Andy Byerly, Peg Eibler.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber, and guest Richard Truxall of INVEST Financial.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Katakpwski. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from November 17, 2015 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowskil. Motion carried.
Call to the public:
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for October 2015 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #549 in the amount of $54,828.27 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Cedric Fricke has offered a donation of stocks to the library for general use. Because the library isn’t allowed to hold on to common stocks, the stocks must be converted to cash quickly. Richard Truxall of INVEST Financial was present to explain the steps in accepting, transferring, and liquidating the stocks. A motion to open a brokerage account with INVEST Financial for the purpose of accepting the stocks donated by Cedric Fricke and converting these stocks to cash was made by Farrell, seconded by Hocking. Motion carried. Once the stocks have been converted to cash, Hentz and Weber will present investment options to the board.
2) A motion to accept the changes in the book fines policy as presented was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
3) Tracey Wallace has been hired to replace G. Bowman’s hours. Wallace has a business degree, with work experience in libraries and children’s activities.
4) Library shares Tax ID number with the township. This has created some complications with the health insurance offered by the township. Hentz will request a meeting with township supervisor to clarify wording of the policy.
1) Monthly statistics: Average of 214 patrons per day, 61 new patrons, 6,126 items checked out, , 108 e-books circulated, 48 e-magazines checked out, and 302 computer users.
2) Marketing update: Instagram: 66 followers, Twitter 144 followers, Facebook: 456 followers, Twp. monthly report, WHMI radio, Senior Center Christmas Party, newspaper calendar listings.
3) Other news: Toys for Tots toy drive is Nov.30 to Dc. 16. New unwrapped toys. Collected in the lobby, Santa visit on 12/9 had 228 present (including parents & children), and Genie Bowman’s last day is Thursday, January 7.
4) Upcoming Programs:
12/17 Thursday Matinee: The Longest Ride, Free. 1:00pm
1/4 Downtown Abbey Discussion Group, Free, 6:30pm
1/6 Jackie’s Book Club, Free, 1:00pm
1/11 Storytime begin for Winter/Spring session, Free, 1:00pm
1/14 Lunch & Learn DIY Interior Design, Free Noon, Free
1) Patron Behavior Policy, tabled until more information is available. Hentz handed out Patron Behavior Policy resolution and the revised Investment Policy.
HRelevant Board Issues
1) United for Libraries: Short takes for Trustees video, tabled to January.
2) Holiday closed dates: Dec. 24, 25, 26 (unpaid) 31, Jan, 1, 2 (unpaid).
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:57pm.
Next meeting will be January 19, 2016 at 7:00pm.