Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 16, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell and Jim Katakowski..
Absent: Peg Eibler and Richelle Hocking.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
Call to order
Crouch called the meeting to order at 7:00pm.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Byerly.
- A motion to approve the minutes from November 18, 2014 meeting was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for November 2014 was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #537 in the amount of $43,016.61 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- John Boylan of Lakeside Services explained the maintenance issues of the new boiler system and proposed a monitoring system to help stop blown fuses and allow the staff to determine if the problem is with the boiler or the power supply. A motion to accept the bid from Lakeside Services not to exceed $530, providing the monitoring system employs an easy-to-read indicator of the problem was made by Byerly. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- A motion to subscribe to Ancestry.com/library edition for an annual fee of $1175.00, with the subscription to begin in January made by Katakowski. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- The monthly people counter indicates an average of 213 people/day.
- E-book circulation in November was 105.
- Number of new patrons in November was 46.
- Senior Center hosted their Christmas party on 12/2. 170 fliers were handed out.
- Santa Visit was attended by 126 children.
- Several patrons and businesses have sent Christmas cards.
Hentz and Weber investigated the Community Foundation for SE Michigan for benefits to our library. Because an endowment fund needs to start with at least $10,000 of donated money, a decision was made not to participate in the program at this time. Topic will be revisited when a sizeable donation is made to the library.
- A motion to approve the Homebound Connection policy as presented was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Board member contact sheets were distributed.
A motion to adjourn was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. . Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.
Next meeting will be January 20, 2014 at 7:00pm.