Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 17, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz
Absent: Christine Weber
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the November 19, 2013 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for November 2013 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #525 in the amount of $46,844.15 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported the Food Drive was successful, Toys for Tots was very successful, centerpiece classes had 26 participants, Santa’s visit had 157 children, and snowman craft had 16 participants.
- Hentz assisted the Senior Center with their Christmas party.
- Library will be closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31. Jan 1, Jan. 20 (MLK Day).
Several Christmas cards on display at the front desk.
- A motion to set the rate for health insurance payment-in-lieu at $3000.00 per employee for the 2014 calendar year. Payments will be included in the employee’s paycheck once a month for a monthly rate of $250.00. Eligible employees must request health insurance payment-in-lieu by completing the form and submitting it to the library director who will then submit it to the Township benefits coordinator. Motion made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed copies of the Health Insurance Coverage Benefit waiver form.
Relevant Board Issues
- Holly distributed Millage Questions & Answers information sheet. Board discussed elements of revision. Discussion to continue at January 2014 meeting.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:51pm.
Next meeting will be January 21, 2014 at 7:00pm.