Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P. O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 20, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Sally Crouch.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the November 15, 2011 minutes as written was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- None present.
- A motion to accept the financial report for November 2011 was made by Hocking. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion Carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher # 501 in the amount of $41,117.08 was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported the food drive netted 259 pounds of donated food. Final report not received for Toys for Tots collection.
- Winter newsletter is at the printer. Will be mailed December 27th after Christmas mail rush.
- Mark Hogrebe was hired as the new Fire Chief.
- Patron donations totaled $550.00. Faxing for the calendar year has totaled $745.00.
- Library purchased a steam cleaner with patron donations.
- Erate paperwork has been filed; bids are not available until December 28th. Hentz and Weber will follow up on the process after the new year.
- Weber processed three checks successfully through Positive Pay.
- Strandt developed a new library website.
- Board members were favorable to Hentz’s staff in-service day proposal of “Personal Defense Connection”. Date to be determined.
Relevant Board Issues
- Holly distributed 2012 election information packets to board members. Deadline for signatures is May 15, 2012. Campbell will not be running again.
- McIntyre mentioned that staff names are not easily determined. Board suggested bolder name tags that list only first names. Hentz will follow up on this after the holidays.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:41pm.
Next meeting will be January 17, 2012 at 7:00pm.