Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 16, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) A motion to amend the agenda with an addition to Relevant Board Issues by Farrell was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the November 18, 2008 minutes was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report for October, 2008 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept the Financial Report for November, 2008 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
5) A motion to accept the Library Voucher #465 in the amount of $55,930.62 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the new Trustees have completed their orientation.
1) Library received several Christmas cards which are displayed at the front desk.
1) Copies of the revised Credit Card Policy were distributed to the Trustees to be placed in their policy manuals.
1) Hentz distributed a revised copy of the Patron Behavior Policy to include patrons needing assistance at closing time. Board suggested one revision. Revised policy will be available at January meeting.
2) Because VHS videos are not used as much anymore, many have been removed from collection. This results in greater space available for new DVDs.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) A Trustee noted that the staff was eating their lunch at the front desk. Hentz will address this matter at a staff meeting.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:24pm.
Next meeting will be January 20, 2009 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski