Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 19, 2006
Meeting called to order at 7:28 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Peg Eibler, James Gleason and Barbaradell Kelley
Absent: Sandy Cavallaro and Keith Phelps.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes as presented from the November 21, 2006 meeting was made by Kelley. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report ending November 30, 2006 was made by Gleason. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept as presented voucher #441 for $51,082.53 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
1) Both outside flags have been replaced.
2) Collection agent work will start in January.
3) Library received donation of $1000 from Scrap-A-Holics. Money will be used for purchasing digital audiobooks.
4) Toys for Tots collection netted 175 toys.
1) Various holiday cards received from library business partners.
3) A motion to table discussion of longevity benefit for staff until the January meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Hentz distributed Michigan Library Association year end update to board.
2) Hentz distributed copies of the Michigan Single Business Tax overview to board. These documents will indicate possible effects on the library.
3) Christmas greetings exchanged among those present.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Kelley. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:18 pm.
Next meeting will be January 16, 2006 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski