Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 13, 2005
Meeting called to order at 7:10pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: Peg Eibler and James Gleason
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda with the addition under New Business 2) Policy addition and the next meeting date of January 18, 2006 was made by Cavallaro. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes as presented for the November 15, 2005 meeting was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report ending November, 2005 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept as presented voucher #429 for $42,683.46 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the winter/spring newsletter has been mailed.
2) New Christmas decorations were donated.
3) December 2nd Santa program was a success. See photos on website.
4) Program update available in current newsletter.
5) Charitable contributions are down from previous years.
6) Book sale proceeds totaled $304.
1) Email from Pinckney Community Public Library Board to determine if there is interest in a joint library board meeting for networking and discussing issues. Tabled until further information is given.
2) Board members discussed their interest in meeting informally with the library staff. Possible day would be a Friday in March from 6-8pm. Hentz will organize this.
3) Email from the Library of Michigan inviting staff and board to meet the newly appointed state librarian, Nancy Robertson.
1) Carpet has been ordered. Anticipate work completed in 2 days.
2) A motion to accept the policy addition in 1.8 Meeting Rooms Policy ďAll drinks shall be served in covered containers (i.e. bottles with caps, cups with lids). was made by Phelps. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Holiday wishes were expressed by the board members.
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Cavallaro. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:54pm.
Next meeting will be January 18, 2006 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski