Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 14, 2004
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps
Absent: James Gleason
Also present: Hentz and Weber
At this first meeting of the newly elected Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees on December 14, 2004, the Trustees have voted and elected the following officers:
· President: Stella Campbell, nominated by Barbaradell Kelly.
· Vice President: Keith Phelps nominated by Barbaradell Kelley.
· Treasurer: Peg Eibler nominated by Stella Campbell.
· Secretary: Barbaradell Kelley nominated by Stella Campbell.
A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes for November 19, 2004 as presented was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the Financial Report for the period ending November 30, 2004 as presented was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
A motion to pay voucher #417 in the amount of $29,437.43 as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
1) Carousel horse fencing has been installed with a sign indicating the artist and donor.
2) Lawn winterization has been completed.
3) Newsletter (Winter ’05) will be sent to printer tomorrow.
4) Defibrillator has been ordered and staff training has been set for January 21, 2005.
5) Holiday closings (12/24, 12/25, 12/31, 1/01, 1/17, 1/21)
Invitation from Hamburg Kiwanis for award ceremony breakfast held on Dec. 14 at 7:30am. Kelley, Weber, Karfonta, and Hentz attended.
1) Summary of results from the needs assessment survey were distributed to Trustees. It will be a useful tool for future goal planning/setting. Hentz has complete results.
1) The Board Appointment Committee (Eibler, Kelley, Hentz) interviewed four people interested in filling the vacant board position. They were C. Williams, S. Cavallaro, D. Nalepa and R. O’Brien. A motion to invite Sandra Cavallaro to be a member of the Board of Trustees was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Hentz will contact Cavallaro regarding the appointment.
2) Hentz distributed copies of proposed additions to the Library Policy Manual. Trustees will review the proposed additions and vote on them at the January meeting.
3) Hentz distributed copies of the proposed Library Technology Plan 2004-2008. This document reviews the library’s current technology and future plans for updating and using the technology. Trustees will review the proposed Technology Plan and vote on it at the January meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Hentz, as library representative, will attend the Youth Asset Building meeting on January 4, 2005 at 4-5:15pm in the high school’s counseling center.
2) Contacted by a patron, Kelley questioned the possibility of a laptop computer for recording the minutes. The secretary indicated satisfaction with the current pattern of recording minutes.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:40PM
Next meeting will beJanuary 18, 2005 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski