Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
December 9, 2003
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the Adult Quiet Study Room.
Members present: Eibler, Campbell, Kelley and Pettigrove.
Absent: Ford, Gleason
Also present: Hentz and Weber
A motion to approve the agenda with the addition of Relevant Board Issues 1-Campbell was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for the November 18, 2003 was made Campbell. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
No financial report due to early date of meeting. Report will be available in one week.
A motion to accept library voucher #405 as presented for $30,759.59 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
· Toys for Tots and Giving Tree drives are doing well.
· Food for Thought food-drive successful. Library will be notified of actual weight of collected donations.
· Handout of upcoming programs listed through mid-February.
· Hamburg Community Soccer donated a series of coaching videos to the library.
· Library received a “Resolution of Appreciation” from township for its involvement with the Railroad Festival.
· Email from Mr. Ken Hoehn (see new business).
· Joanna Hardesty invited library board and staff to attend the community service award. Hentz and Kelley will attend representing the library.
· A motion to approve the Director’s salary raise, to become effective January 1, 2004, was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Roll call: Campbell-aye, Kelley-aye, Pettigrove-aye; Eibler-nay; absent- Ford, Gleason. Motion carried.
· Holiday closings at library: Dec. 24, 25,31, 2003; January 1 and 19, 2004.
· Paul Wood distributed a technology update report.
· Security systems will be discussed at January meeting. Hentz will present Board with information from several companies.
· A motion to install two spillways in parking lot by new curbing was made by Kelley. Seconded by Pettigrove. Motion carried.
· Hentz distributed copies of a draft survey of library services for the board to consider. Comments will be taken at next meeting.
· A tray of fall newsletters was dropped at the post office Dec. 5th. Hentz and Weber are working with PDQ to determine the reason for the delay in mailing these. Hentz will respond to Ken Hoehn’s email concerning library mailing.
Relevant Board Issues:
· Campbell again expressed her gratitude for having an earlier December meeting and extended season greetings.
Call to the Public:
· None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made byPettigrove. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.
Next meeting will be January 20, 2004 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski