Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
August 18, 2015 @ 7:05pm
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski
Member absent: None.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:05pm in the library meeting room. Eibler made a special presentation to three staff members recognizing years of service: C. Wagner, 5 years; B. Stokanovich, 10 years; H. Hentz, 20 years.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from July 21, 2015 meeting as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the public
- A motion to accept the Financial Report for June 2015 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept the Financial Report for July 2015 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #545 in the amount of $56,525.91 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- The monthly people counter indicates average of 217 patrons per day.
- July E-book circulation was 222 and Zinio was 53 issues.
- Number of new patrons in July was 70.
- Number of items checked-out for July was 10,045.
- Several staff and Eibler, will be visiting South Lyon Library to view their meeting room tables on Wednesday, Sept. 2nd.
Weber distributed PNC’s proposal for credit card payments and Hentz distributed a draft of the credit card policy for board review and discussion. Board will review information and make decision at September meeting.
- The library received a NWF special designation for the library gardens. The plaque will be mounted near the Dennis Morgan sign in the building.
- Motion to purchase three wireless antennae from Sehi in the amount of $1,452.00 and labor cost up to $1,150.00 from CPS and making sure all replaced equipment is removed from site made by Katakowski. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Reminder that the Livingston County Trustees & Directors meeting set for Wednesday Oct. 21 at Howell Library.
- Reminder that the audit presentation occurs at the September meeting. Bring questions.
- Bake sale on October 10 during the Art & Craft Fair to benefit the library’s gardens.
- Halloween Party is Saturday, October 17 at 7:00pm. Volunteers needed.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:05pm.
Next meeting will be September 15, 2015 at 7:00pm.