Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
August 19, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:04pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and
Absent: Sally Crouch.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Byerly. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the July 15, 2014 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for June 2014 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the Financial Report for July 2014 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher #533 in the amount of $63,328.59 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed the monthly people counter results, which show a daily average of 204 visitors.
- Hentz distributed the monthly ebook circulation results, which shows 122 items were checked out in July.
- The Verso upgrade will be launched on September 15, 2014.
- Audit has been completed. Audit presentation is scheduled for board meeting on September 16th.
- Hentz presented a millage recap indicating precinct results. The millage passed by 1824 Yes votes to 1480 No votes. All precincts passed the millage.
- In-Service day is Friday, August 22nd. The library is closed for the day.
Relevant Board Issues
- Board discussed possible marketing ideas to make the library more visible in the community. Board members are to bring cost-effective, realistic suggestions to September meeting.
A motion to adjourn was made by Byerly. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:08pm.
Next meeting will be September 16, 2014 at 7:00pm.