Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
August 20, 2013
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andrew Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the July 17, 2013 minutes as presented was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- A motion to accept the Financial Report for June 2013 was made by Hocking, Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept the Financial Report for July 2013 was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Voucher #521 in the amount of $54,309.49 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Hentz reported the Summer Reading Program has concluded. There were 277 sign-ups, of which, 185 completed their goals.
- The 2012/2013 audit has been completed by Rana Emmons at Post, Smyth, Lutz, Ziel. Emmons will present the audit to the Board at either the September or October meeting.
- The Fall/Winter newsletter is in the mail, registration is open for all programs.
- Hentz discussed a patron’s inappropriate use of the computer.
- Livingston County Public Libraries Trustees and Directors Dinner set for Wednesday, October 23 at 6:30 pm. Trustees will notify Hentz of their attendance.
Relevant Board Issues
- Millage Discussion: Board discussed the results of the August elections. Of the seven libraries seeking millages, six passed. Trustees continued their discussion of the millage amount and length.
A motion to adjourn was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:01pm.
Next meeting will be September 17, 2013 at 7:00pm.