Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
August 24, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the adult quiet study room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Richelle Hocking
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the July 20, 2010 minutes as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
1) A motion to accept the financial report for June 2010 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the financial report for July 2010 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 485 in the amount of $65,699.71 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the Summer Reading Program ended. About 226 participants met their goal.
2) Christie Wagner, the new clerk, was introduced to the Board.
3) The large print collection will be renamed The Coleman Large Print Collection honoring the Coleman family who have been benefactors of our library.
4) Hentz presented information on area librariesí financial difficulties.
1) The annual audit has been completed. Auditor will present the report to the Board at either the September or October meeting.
1) The Library policy needs to be updated in 9 areas. Hentz will have a preliminary draft for the November meeting.
2) The library has been awarded a Federal computer grant for 16 computers.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Eibler will be absent for the October and November Board meetings.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:44pm.
Next meeting will be September 21, 2010 at 7:00pm.