Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
August 19, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: Sandy Cavallaro and James Gleason.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1. A motion to approve the agenda was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
2. A motion to approve the July 15th minutes was made by Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
3. A motion to accept the Financial Report for June 2008 was made Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4. A motion to table the Financial Report for July 2008 until the September meeting was made by Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
5. A motion to accept Library Voucher #461 for $52,599.81 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
1. Hentz reported that the library is now part of MelCat and that patrons can borrow items. The library's catalog has not been loaded onto MeLCat yet, so other libraries cannot borrow items from us.
2. Audit was completed on August 13 by Post, Smythe, Lutz, & Ziel. Auditor Rana Emmons will be at September meeting to present audit.
1. Email congratulations were received from area libraries on the successful renewal of millage.
2. Board members are to notify Hentz if they plan to attend the Livingston County Library Trustee meeting on October 27 at 6:30pm.
1. Hentz distributed the library millage results by precinct. Lowest number of negative voters is in the western side of the township. Efforts will be made to target those residents, in an effort to engage them in library activities.
1. The Fire Department made an inspection on August 11th. Hentz has not received a report yet.
2. A motion to rollover the August 22, 2008 CD was made by Phelps. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
1. Eibler will be a write-in candidate in the November election. There are 3 additional write-in candidates (Duncan McIntyre, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell).
2. Need to have an orientation program for new Twp. trustees.
Call to the Public
1. None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:47pm.
Next meeting will be September 16, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski