Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Meeting called to order at 7:20pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, and Keith Phelps.
Absent: James Gleason and Barbaradell Kelley.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as printed was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept as presented the minutes from the June 19, 2007 meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report ending June 30, 2007 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept as presented the Financial Report ending July31, 2007 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
5) A motion to accept vouchr #448 in the amount of $52,206.24 (July, signed by Kelley and Gleason) made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried. A motion to accept as presented voucher #449 in the amount of $47,907.05 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
1) Serenity Garden dedication was well attended by the community.
2) Summer Reading Program participation was down by about 30% but book circulation remained the same. Staff will explore possibilities to attract participants.
3) Annual audit report has been completed.
4) Librarian will interview candidates to retain a ‘handyman’ position. This individual would be on call on a regular basis and for emergency repairs, etc.
1) Thank you note from Lyla Spelly of Livingston Genealogical Society for the library hosting the “Ancestor’s Clothesline”.
1) The library’s audit report will be discussed at the September 18th meeting. The '07/'08 audit has been scheduled for Aug. 13 & 14, 2008.
2) The approved Longevity Policy was distributed to Board members to be placed in policy manual.
3) MelCat update distributed to Board members. Because of various technical issues, all libraries wishing to join the system have been pushed back several months. The library hopes to join by summer/fall 2008.
1) A motion to accept the proposal for upgrades to the irrigation system from Rainmaker Irrigation in the amount of $1025.00 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
2) A motion to correct minutes from March 20, 2007 to read "A motion to accept as presented voucher #444 for $42,035.85 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried." was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to host a joint meeting with the Township Board at the library at 6:30pm on September 18, 2007 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Include millage discussion on the September’s meeting agenda.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:02pm.
Next meeting will be Sept. 18, 2007 at 6:30pm (Special Meeting) and 7:00pm (Regular Meeting)
Joan M. Dombrowski