Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
August 15, 2006
Meeting called to order at 7:10 p.m. in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: Sandy Cavallaro
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes as printed and mailed to the Board members from the July 18, 2006 meeting was made by Gleason. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept Voucher #437 for $49,831.02 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) A motion to approve the Financial Report for the period ending June 30, 2006 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
1) Two pages have been hired and will begin on August 17.
2) Fall newsletter has been mailed to all Township households. Programs are being filled.
3) Summer Reading successful and concludes with pizza party on August 16. 253 people joined the program, there were 11 events that entertained 446 children.
4) Fall Reception for Police Chief Luciano was well received by community.
5) Livingston Fine Arts Assoc. art exhibit will conclude on September 30. The public is invited to the reception on Sept. 9th.
6) Library will initiate evening Snuggle Stories for 3-6 year olds for one Thursday a month on a drop-in basis.
7) State millage results were distributed to the Board members.
1) Township supervisor sent a letter of gratitude for hosting two of their programs.
2) HERO has invited Library Board to a “thank you” dinner on September 14th.
1) The approved Strategic Plan was distributed. This will be the guideline for meeting goals for the next five years.
2) Music room racks were delivered. CD capacity is 2100. Music performance videos and sheet music will also be in the room.
2) Audit completed; presentation on September 19.
3) Halloween party including games and hayride will be on October 27th at 7pm. Board assistance needed.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Phelps inquired on the length of time the library had wireless internet.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:34pm.
Next meeting will be September 19, 2006 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski