Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
April 20, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek, C. Walter.
Member absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Rosek Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from March 16, 2021 as presented made by Rosek. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Walter to approve the March 2021 Financial Report as presented. Seconded Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion by Colone to approve Library Voucher #613 in the amount of $69,542.17. Seconded Hocking. Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 1,025 in-house visits; 25 new patrons; 5,316 item check-outs, and 47 computer uses.
- Online Statistics: Axis360: 869; PressReader: 28; Tutor: 0; Infobase: new; Career Guidance: new; Niche Academy: 51.
- Other News: Family Fun Day was held on March 20 and had 74 kids pick up bags and 48 families tune into the virtual concert. Online storytime is working well. To date (9 weeks), there have been 563 views on Facebook. It will continue through the first week of May. Peeps Diorama was virtual this year. There were 6 dioramas. Voting was online too, with 116 votes cast. Community Connect (4/17) is a resource fair for the financially disadvantage where basic needs are free for the day (food, haircuts, health screenings, other essentials). This year, our information is being made available to participants as an online resource packet.
- Upcoming programs:
- 4/21 Book & Movie Club: Stella Dallas
- 4/26 Craft Kit: Terracotta Pot Wreath, $5.00
- 4/27 Family Scavenger Hunt @ 6:30pm
- 4/28 Art & Architecture of the Capital @ 6:30pm
- 5/5 Jackie’s Book Club: After Anna by Lisa Scottoline
- 5/5 Mother’s Day Craft for ages 12 and under
- 5/6 Travelogues with Lynn: Prague & the Czech Republic @ 6:30pm
- 5/10 Craft Kit: Votives with Glass Beads
- 5/12 Book & Movie Club: Laura
- Two ‘thank you’ notes from patrons.
- Library Reopening Update: The Library went back to Phase 2 (Curbside service only) on April 10 per the Governor’s request. A staff member tested positive for Covid on April 16, so Phase 2 has been extended to May 1st.
- Millage Discussion: the board will be presented with different millage options to discuss at the May meeting.
- Library Privacy Act Amendment: the state legislature has been presented with some changes to the Act. When these changes have been approved, Hentz will contact the library’s attorney for a more comprehensive Privacy Act policy to be included in the policy manual.
- Sidewalk Repair: Hentz was directed to seek out at least two more quotes to fix sidewalk issues.
- New Wifi System: Due to the age of the current system, Weber was asked to price a new system. Motion by Walter to approve TLN’s quote for a new WiFi system not to exceed $6,557.85. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Proposed 2021/2022 Budget: Hentz & Weber presented the proposed budget for discussion.
Relevant Board Issues
- Rosek and possibly Farrell will not be at the May 18 meeting. Meeting might be rescheduled to May 25. Hentz will let everyone know the status of the meeting.
Motion to adjourn made by Rosek. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:07pm
Next Meeting: May 18, 2021 @ 7:00pm