Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
April 16, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking.
Member absent: J. Katakowski.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from March 19, 2019 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for March 2019 made by Eibler. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 589 in the amount of $71,636.09 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 183 average daily visits; 41 new patrons; 6,927 item check-outs; 646 Axis360 check-outs; 178 Zinio check-outs; 334 Hoopla check-outs; and 282 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 132; Twitter at 382; Facebook at 820; 2,386 website uses; 2,542 wifi uses.
- Other News: Community Events - Community Resource Fair @ the Livingston County Home Show on April 5-7, Caregivers’ Fair on April 6. Partnered with Country Elementary for Poetry Night on 4/8.
- Upcoming programs:
- 4/17 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4pm - 7pm
- 4/18 Thursday Matinee: A Star is Born, Free, 1:00pm
- 4/22 Nature Photography, Free, 6:30pm (LR)
- 4/27 Movie showing @ Howell Theater: A Walk in the Woods, Free w/ library card,7:00pm (LR)
- 4/27 Book Sale, 9:00am to 2:00pm
- 4/30 Nature Walk w/ Hamburg Parks & Rec, Free, 6:30pm (LR)
- 5/1 Book Club: The Swans of Fifth Avenue, Free, 1:00pm
- 5/2 Little Women Tea Party, $5, noon
- 5/8 Mother’s Day Craft, Free, 6:30pm
- 5/9 STEAM @ the Library, Free, 10:00am
- 5/13 Willow Run, Free, 6:30pm
- 5/15 Teen Night movie: Solo: Star Wars, Free, 5:30pm
- 5/16 Thursday Matinee: Christopher Robin, Free, 1:00pm
- 5/16 STEAM @ the Library, Free, 10:00am
- 5/20 Cut the Cord, Free, 6:30pm
- Computer Upgrades: Weber gave the board an update on the project. The server and several pieces have arrived and are being loaded with software by the IT company. Project should be completed by June.
- Motion by Colone to approve the proposed 2019/2020 budget. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion by Eibler to purchase a new laminator from USI for $1,349.95 (includes shipping). Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- There are three CDs Maturing:
- Chase Bank: Motion by Colone to roll over entire amount of $204,052.59 plus interest into a 90 day CD at a rate of 1.93% or better. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- CIBC Bank: Motion by Hocking to roll over entire amount of $101,479.17 plus interest into a 6 month CD at a rate of 2.55% or better. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- The State Bank: Motion by Colone to roll over entire amount of $250,000.00 plus interest into a 6 month CD at a rate of 2.60% or better. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- 2019 Millage Resolution made by Evergreen and supported by Eibler. Resolution carried. See attached resolution.
Relevant Board Issues
- Summer Reading Program theme is “Have Book, Will Travel.” The kickoff is Friday, June 7 at 7:00pm. Eibler, Hocking, and Colone will volunteer for the event.
Motion to adjourn made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.
Next Meeting: May 21, 2019 @ 7:00pm