Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
April 18, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Peg Eibler, Mary Evergreen Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and
Absent: Jodie Colone.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from March 21, 2017 meeting as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Call to the public
Two people present to observe the meeting.
- A motion to approve Financial Report for March 2017 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher # 565 in the amount of $54,332.58 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Statistics: People counter daily average 194; number of new patrons is 51; item check-outs 7,184; Axis360 check-outs 449; Zinio check-outs 83; computer use 349.
- Marketing update: Instagram 96 followers; Twitter 288 followers; Facebook: 548 followers; website visits 2,173. Jaws showing in Howell Theater on 3/25/17 (171 people); Community Connect at Livingston Home Show on 4/7-4/9; Read It To Eat It has ended. We issued 146 completed passes to children for free treats from Hamburg Subway, Mimi’s Dinner, Boomer’s Pizza and Dragon Court. We donated board books to 12 area businesses for children to enjoy while waiting with Mom and Dad: Dragon Court, Mimi’s Diner, Livingston Eye Care, Luna Salon, Headmaster’s Barber, Marshall’s Barber, Urgent Care, Dr. Brink DDS, Fantastic Sam’s, Biggby Coffee, Hamburg Coney, Zukey Lake Tavern with message: “Donated by Hamburg Township Library for your enjoyment today.”
- Other News: Summer Read Program Kick-off is Friday, June 2nd at 7pm (Peg, Michaelene & Mike are volunteering, others will check their calendars). Book Sale is Saturday, April 22 at 9:00am. Also featured is the Kid’s Craft Fair. Roofing issues from 4/5/27 have been fixed. Project Outcome workshop (Holly, Bree, Christine to attend).
- Upcoming Programs:
- 4/20 Thursday Matinee: Ben Hur (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 4/22 Book Sale & Kids Craft Fair, 9:00am
- 4/24 Maker Monday: Garden Planning, Free, 6:00pm
- 4/29 DNR Boater’s Safety. $10.00, 9:00am, 1:00pm
- 5/3 Library Book Club: Cutting for Stone, Free, 1:00pm
- 5/3 Mother’s Day Craft. Free, 6:30 pm
- 5/4 Star Wars Party, Free, 6:30pm
- 5/6 Volunteer Day @ the Library Free, 10am
- 5/9 Hudson’s: Detroit’s Legendary Department Store, Free, 6;30pm
- 5/11 Lunch & Learn: Butterfly Garden Tea Party, $5.00, noon
- 5/15 Maker Monday: Essential Oils for your homes and Pets, $5.00, 6:30pm
- 5/15 SCORE Business Mentoring, Free, 6:00pm
- Update on meeting room wall: Contacted original wall installer. Solution is individual wall panels need to be adjusted yearly. Weber will account for this in the budget.
- Update on WiFi System: It will be installed on Friday, April 21 in the morning.
- A motion to accept the July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 Budget as presented and after discussion was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- New online services to begin July 1: Hoopla and Axis 360 sharing with Fowlerville, Hamburg and Pinckney.
- A motion to spend up to $33,000 for the LED lighting project as outlined and for funds to come from Board Assigned Funds was made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Annual Millage Resolution offered by Eibler and supported by Katakowski. Resolution passed. A copy will be forwarded to the Township.
- Board completed the library’s policy review. Corrections will be made and new policy manuals printed.
Relevant Board Issues
- United for Libraries: Short Takes for Trustee video, tabled.
A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski. Seconded Eibler. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:27 pm.
Next meeting will be May 16, 2017 @ 7:00pm.