Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
April 19, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell and Jim Katakowski
Absent: Richelle Hocking
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from March 15, 2016 meeting as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Call to the public
Jodie Colone and Mary Evergreen, both of whom have filed applications for library board in the November election, introduced themselves.
1) A motion to accept the Financial report for March 2016 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept corrected Library Voucher #553 in the amount of $62,357.97 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
The monthly people counter indicates average of 205 patrons per day.
E-book circulation was 252 and Zinio was 98 issues.
Number of new patrons in March was 68.
Number of items checked-out was 7,634.
2) Marketing update
Instagram: 76 followers, Twitter 203 followers, Facebook: 490 followers
Caregiver Fair on 4/2/16, Livingston County Home Show on 4/8-10/16, Letter from Rick Todd to all parents in school district regarding The Bridge to Literacy program.
3) Other news
Summer Newsletter has gone to print. August 6 is our birthday celebration.
4) Upcoming Programs
4/21 Thursday Matinee: Everest (PG), Free, 1:00pm
4/21 Native Plants, Free, 6:30pm
4/23 Library Book Sale AND Kid’s Craft Fair, Free, 9:30am to 2:00pm
4/26 Huron River Free, 6:30pm
4/27 Kids Craft Day, Free, 6:30pm
4/28 The Martian: Locations and Landscapes, Free, 6:30pm
5/2 Pet Wellness & Nutrition, Free, 6:30pm
5/4 Book Club: A Man Called Ove, Free, 1:00pm
5/4 Star Wars Mythology, Free, 6:30pm
5/5 Kentucky Derby Tea Party, $5.00, Noon
5/7 Saturday Family Cinema: Max (PG), Free, 1:00pm Free, 7:00pm
5/9 Bird Feeding, Free, 6:30pm
5/10 Livingston County Humane Society, Free, 6:30pm
5/12 Open Craft Night, Free, 6:30pm
5/16 Pet Psychology, Free, 6:30pm
1) Update: Power back-up server, public wireless printing, meeting room shades work completed. Meeting room tables ordered but no delivery date set.
2) Emergency weather closing policy distributed for policy manuals.
1) A motion to close the library for a Staff In-Service Day on May 6 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the Internet Acceptable Use Policy as presented was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3) Weber presented the proposed 2016/2017 Budget and led the discussion with the board members. Further discussion and a vote will take place at the May meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Andy Byerly resigned his position on the board effective March 16, 2106. Motion to appoint Jodie Colone to complete Andy Byerly’s term on the Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees, which ends November 14, 2016, made by Katakowski. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski.. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:08pm.
Next meeting will be May 17, 2016 at 7:00pm.