Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
April 21, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Andy Byerly, Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber
Call to order
Eibler called the meeting to order at 7:00pm.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the minutes from March 17, 2015 meeting was made by Hocking. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) A motion to approve the Financial Report for March 2015 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher #541 in the amount of $57,417.67 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) The monthly people counter shows an average of 220 visits per day.
2) E-book circulation in March was 173.
3) Number of new patrons in March was 57.
4) Number of new item check-outs was 5,734
5) Library marketing update
Billboard on Merrill Road and M-36 plus Kids’ Craft Fair signs around town
Livingston Home Show display, April 10,11,12
Livingston Job Fair display (Amy C. present), April 16
1) Zinio digital magazine service will be for the top 50 magazines.
2) Book bags will be printed in dark brown on canvas bags. Design will include library’s web address. Hentz will order 300 bags.
1) A motion to increase the Library Director’s spending limit to $2,500 per one item for building expenses and $1,000.00 per item for general expenses without Board of Trustees’ approval was made by Byerly. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion was made to clarify the Meeting Room Policy. Profit-making organizations may use the rooms for a fee of $25.00 per hour, whole hours only, which must be made at the time of reservation. No refunds will be made unless the library must close due to an emergency situation was made by Byerly. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
3) A motion to replace the front service desk carpet for a cost not to exceed $2000.00 was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
4) A motion to have CPS perform computer server clean-up at a cost of $1725.00 was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Byerly. Motion carried.
5) The proposed 2015/2016 Budget was presented by Hentz and Weber for general discussion. Decision tabled to May meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Book Sale and Kids’ Craft Fair Reminder: April 25.
A motion to adjourn was made by Crouch. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.
Next meeting will be May 19, 2015 at 7:00pm.