Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
April 17, 2012
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Peg Eibler
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the March 20, 2012 minutes was made by Farrell. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- Jessica Sutherland was introduced as observing the meeting for her government class.
- A motion to accept the Financial Report as presented for March 2012 was made Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept the Library Voucher #505 in the amount of $48,258.57 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
- Hentz attended the 2012 Director’s Summit, “Leading Across Boundaries” which talked about partnering with other entities for resource sharing, and the importance of providing leadership during this time of change.
- The State has proposed a budgeted increase in funding for the Michigan eLibrary and state aid to libraries. The MLA is active in the campaign: Replace, Don’t Erase (the Personal Property Tax). Library book sale generated over $550.00.
- Library computers being updated with correct parts at no expense to library.
- Geek the Library sign installed at M-36 and Merrill Rd. Hamburg Library will join Pinckney Library in the Pinckney Memorial Day parade.
- Township Parks & Rec will have a strategic planning meeting on 4/19 at 7:00pm. Eibler’s input was to focus on the tax payers having first choice of facilities before renting to non-residents.
- Library has purchased almost 200 e-books to start the collection. On-site training will be provided. Anticipate two months before service is ready for the public.
- Fundraising tote bags arrived. Will sell for $5 each. Profit of about $2.43 per bag.
- After thorough discussion, a motion to accept the proposed 2012-2013 budget was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Alan’s Asphalt Maintenance bid for parking lot seal, crack-filling and re-striping for $2060.00 with work to be completed over Memorial Day weekend (weather permitting) was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
- Staff longevity recognition certificates given to Marilyn Grinnell, 15 years and Christine Weber, 14 years.
- Summer Reading Program kick-off is June 8. Volunteers needed.
Relevant Board Issues:
- Quality services check list placed on May agenda.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:38pm.
Next meeting will be May 15, 2012 at 7:00pm.