Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
April 18, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the March 15, 2011 minutes was made by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for March 2011 with the approved changes was made by Hocking. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 493 as corrected in the amount of $45,831.24 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the results of the strategic plan for Livingston County: “Advantage Livingston: A plan for Thriving Together in the New Economy”. The library may participate in the “placemaking” portion of the strategic plan.
2) Hentz reported on a meeting with State Representatives Rogers and Denby on April 4th. Reductions in library funding seem eminent and will have a strong impact on MeL & MelCat. Library may send notice to all Hamburg residents asking for support.
3) Book sale netted over $750. Bids, Bubbles and Bonbons netted over $1,450.
1) Board members were invited to the Chamber of Commerce Mingler on April 28th at Lakelands Golf and Country Club. Eibler, Campbell, and Farrell will attend.
1) A motion to include the Emergency Action Plan in the Library Policy Manual was made by Crouch. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to close the library on April 29th to complete installation of the BTOP grant computers was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. There was a discussion on the disposal of the used computers.
1) A motion to approve the sale of the old library building on Stone St. by the Township recognizing the agreement that the library receive all funds, up to $200,000, above selling costs was made by Hocking. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
2) Weber explained the proposed 2011-2012 Budget.
3) Annual Library Millage Resolution was offered by Campbell and supported by McIntyre, see attached.
4) A motion to accept Alan’s Asphalt seal coating for the parking lot in the amount of $2,065 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch, Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.
Next meeting will be May 17, 2011 at 7:00pm.