Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
Regular Meeting - April 21, 2009
Meeting called to order by President Eibler at 7:00pm in Library Meeting Room.
Present: Peg Eibler, Sally Crouch, Richelle Hocking, Michaelene Farrell, Duncan McIntyre
Absent: Stella Campbell
1. Motion to approve the Agenda as presented by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2. Motion to approve the Minutes from March 17, 2009 by Farrell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
3. Motion to accept February 2009 Financial Report by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4. Motion to accept March 2009 Financial Report by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
5. Motion to approve Voucher #469 for $85,238.59 made by Hocking. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1. Updates: Book Sale netted the library $684.28 and was well attended. The proposed State Budget has reduced State Aid funding to $8.5 million. Library has joined Breck's affiliate program to receive 15% of sales.
2. The Livingston County libraries have rented a table at the Livingston County Job Fair to present services and information available to people looking for jobs.
3. New flags have been ordered and will be changed in time for Memorial Day.
1. Thank you note from Ann Arbor District Library Director Josie Parker regarding donation of descriptive videos to their collection for the blind and physically disabled.
1. 2009 – 2014 Technology Plan draft has been tabled to the May meeting.
2. Past project updates: Irrigation lines have been installed. Computer Server equipment has arrived and will be installed Friday. Bank Security Agreement was signed by Twp. Treasurer and returned to bank for completion.
1. Motion to roll over entire amount of CD that matures on 4/25/09 at the best possible rate made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
2. Motion to approve new staff classification "Assistant Clerk" and promote Mary Alice Galovich to this position made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried. The Assistant Clerk will receive vacation benefits as outlined in the policy manual. Issues surrounding patron appeal 2009-1 have resulted in the need for a Special Meeting that will be held on Tuesday, April 28 at 7:00pm.
3. Motion to purchase three (3) 3M staff workstations model 946 in the amount of $37,812.00 made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4. Connie Carello, professional stained glass artist, has offered to create, assemble, and install a stained glass window in the lounge area as a donation to the library. The board unanimously agreed to this generous offer and plans to install a plaque next to the window showing appreciation.
Relevant Board Issues:
Call to the Public:
1. None present.
Motion to Adjourn made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:17pm.
Next Meeting is a Special Meeting on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7:00pm.