Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
April 15, 2008
Meeting called to order at 6:48 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sandy Cavallaro, Stella Campbell, Peg Eibler, James Gleason and Keith Phelps.
Absent: Barbaradell Kelley.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the February minutes as printed was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
3) The Financial Report for March 2008 was tabled until the May meeting due to lack of bank records.
4) A motion to accept voucher # 457 for $32,823.29 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
1) Computer servers has been delivered and will be installed on April 18 & 25.
2) Jan Karfonta’s funeral was today.
3) Beautification Committee did the spring clean-up which saved the library approximately $150.
4) Summer reading program theme is Mind Candy.
1) Attendance at the Trustee Dinner Meeting was noted. Attendees to include Phelps, Campbell, Hentz, Weber.
1) Thomas Reinke Self Reliant Energy and Guardian Power Systems will prepare basic plans for solar and wind power for the library that the township board can consider.
2) A revised Legacy Fund brochure was reviewed by the board members. Weber will incorporate suggestions into new version to be presented next month.
3) After public hearing and board discussion, a motion to accept as presented the 2008-2009 Budget was made by Campbell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
1) A motion to close Saturday, May 24 for the Memorial Day weekend and Saturday, July 5 for Independence Day weekend as unpaid holidays was made by Gleason. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) As directed by the Board, Hentz sent a letter of support to the Friends of the Lakelands Trail.
2) Board discussed a memorial for Jan Karfonta. Suggestions were statue of a turtle and a reading bench.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:58 pm.
Next meeting will be May 20, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski