Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
April 18, 2006
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandy Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept the minutes from March 21, 2006 as presented was made by Phelps. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
3) A motion to accept the Financial Report ending March 31, 2006 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept as presented voucher #433 for $50,186.73 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Cavallaaro. Motion carried.
1) Surveillance cameras have been installed. Networking of cameras is being installed next week
2) Grounds maintenance with Distinctive Exteriors will not have price increase this year. Eibler requested that smoke bushes be topped for fuller growth.
3) J. Valeri resigned effective April 27, 2006.
4) Millage workshop was filled, therefore no employees attended.
5) Borek Jennings Funeral Home donated $450.00. This will be deposited in the music account.
2) Public hearing and board discussion on 2006-2007 proposed budget. A motion to vote on the proposed 2006-2007 Budget was made by Kelley. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried. A motion to accept Proposed 2006-2007 Budget in the amount of $659,616.72 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
3) Township board has credited the library for overpayment on previous sewer bills.
2) A motion to purchase computer back-up software for $1257.99 (to include labor) was made by Phelps. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
3) A motion to close the library on July 3, 2006 as an unpaid holiday was made by Gleason. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
4) A motion to close the library on Saturday, June 17 as a paid holiday for the Hamburg Family Fun Fest was made by Gleason. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
Call to the Public:
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm
Next meeting will be May 16, 2006 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski