Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
March 16, 2004
Meeting called to order at 7:02pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Eibler, Campbell, Ford, and Kelley
Absent: Gleason and Pettigrove
Also present: Hentz and Weber.
A motion to approve the agenda as presented with the addition under New Business #4 CD Rollover (proposal) was made by Ford, seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for the February 17, 2004 meeting was made Campbell, seconded by Ford. Motion carried.
Financial Report was tabled until next meeting.
A motion to accept Library Voucher #408 as presented for $50,725.13 was made by Campbell, seconded by Ford. Motion carried.
· Hentz distributed the list of up-coming programs through April.
· Update on recent programs: Mexican Fiesta had 46 participants. Chocolate tasting program had 22 participants. Pretzel contest winner was announced.
· Hentz and Weber met with the Township's insurance agent to discuss library coverage.
· Hentz and Weber are interviewing companies for IT support.
· Hentz noted appreciation for Township DWP employee Rod Burrier for his attention and ability to maintain the library facility.
· Board discussed the 3 security company bids. Action tabled until next meeting.
· Board discussed the library interior painting bids. Action tabled until next meeting.
· Newsletter was mailed correctly. Patrons have been using the website registration forms. Needs assessment survey is in progress. Cost analysis for printing and mailing surveys was presented. Action tabled until next meeting.
· The Hamburg Kiwanis requested the library to display their “Citizen of Year” award on a permanent basis. The award was not present at the meeting. Action tabled until further notice.
· 2 year sewer meter is up. DPW took a reading on 3/15/04. Action tabled until next meeting.
· Diane Harris from Pinckney Community Schools requested the five elementary schools' art be displayed May 13-27 in the library's lounge area. Hentz approved this request.
· CD rollover. Action tabled until next meeting.
Relevant Board Issues: None
Call to the Public: None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell, seconded by Ford. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:50PM.
Next meeting will be March 23, 2004 at 6:00PM.
Joan M. Dombrowski